My mind is fully in fall mode but the weather is definitely still in summer mode, but September is here and it is time to focus in on some goals. August was such a beautiful month. In fact the summer was a special season that will always be a memorable one for me.
For so many summers, we were consumed with all things baby related. But this summer, the kids were 2 and up and there was so much more freedom. We were at the beach on Sunday and heard a baby crying down the beach and my husband looked at me and smiled. In an instant, we could remember those moments. I wanted to race down the beach and give the sweet mama a little hug, because eventually the season will change.
As I look back on this past month, I see moments of growth, blossoms of sweet friendship, and new routines. Let’s review my August goals before we head into September.
Summer Reading- Read some good books and look forward to sharing more on them!
Exercise 3 times a week- In complete honesty, this did not happen
Prep and Plan on Sundays- About half and half
Continue to read through Isaiah with Nick- Yay! Going well!
In Home Date- Love these times
Family Nights- We had a family movie night.
Family Theme Put Together- I have it all planned out and am sharing it with you! If you have not received your Monthly Intentional Family Kit, sign up here.
Finish the Kitchen Cabinets- We ordered the wrong hinges, but we figured out what kind we need!
This month, I am switching it up and going to have daily, weekly, and monthly goals. This is how Lara Casey’s Powersheets (which I love for goal setting) are set up and typically how I write mine out, so it makes sense to share them this way!
- Prayer and Reading time
- Have intentional time with the kids (technology free)
- Rest (I can get caught up in my lists and forget to just sit)
- Read part of a book
- Plan the week on Sundays
- Family night on Tuesdays
- Review my goals
- Train the puppy to use the bathroom outside (perhaps this is a daily goal). Any wisdom on this?
- Watch one of the Influence classes
- Exercise 3 times a week (I just found out about Revelation Wellness podcast and it is a game changer for working out).
- Finish the kitchen cabinets
- Date Night
Please join us on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:00am EST to share your goals and progress for the week, month, or year. We are all about building a positive community; please remember to read, comment, and share the posts of others- and let them know you found them at With Grace & Grit.
Just a reminder…
- All forms of goal posts are welcome. They can be for a specific area in your life, or your general goals for the day, week, month, or year. We love to hear updates on your progress, too.
- Make sure to use the URL specific to your post and not your blog’s home page.
- Link back to With Grit & Grace with our button or link in your post or party page.
- Comment on the post prior to yours in the link-up. Support others through comments and shares– don’t forget to tell them you found them at With Grit & Grace.
- By linking up, you give us permission to feature an image on our blog and social media. Proper credit and links will be given.
- Join in on social media with: #withgritandgrace
- We want to support you! Please follow your hosts in some way