As I prepare over this month for Christmas, I have been thinking a lot about how to teach the Christmas story to my kids. We have tried many methods and activities and I have determined a few things:
- Hands on activities are best.
- Kids love to play games.
- Kids love interacting with the story.
- Repetition is best.
Using these four goals, I started to look for a practical way to teach the Christmas story to the kids. When I came across the Christmas Star from Afar, I realized that I had found it! The focus on connecting kids with the true meaning of Christmas
- It is hands on as you move the star every day and the kids have to find it.
- It is a game that your family is all involved in over the Christmas season.
- The kids can pick up the people in the nativity scene and hold them and set it up.
- Every day, you are given the practical opportunity to pour little pieces of truth into your kids.
Immediately, my kids were enamored as we opened up the Christmas Star from Afar. They loved holding the pieces and setting up the nativity. We are counting down the days until we get to start this new tradition!
Natalie from Christmas Star from Afar was so gracious to offer my readers a promo code to receive 10% off your online purchase from Star From Afar. The code is SNYDER and is available November 3-7.
What about you? Do you have a practical way to teach the Christmas story to your kids?
Join me on Instagram tomorrow with a GIVEAWAY for Star from Afar!
Connect with The Christmas Star from Afar:
Linking up with these link parties
Thank you to Star from Afar for providing the product to review. All opinions are my own.