Carving out regular time for family nights has always been something that we seek to be intentional with. The beauty of family night is that it can be something right at home! Many times we can get overwhelmed by the idea when in fact it is usually the most simple family nights that are the most impacting.
Today, I wanted to share 6 fun at home family night ideas with you to help get you thinking up some great ideas for your own family.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
1) Game Night- We have a shelf of games that we like to pull out for game night. Especially as the boys are getting older, this has become more fun. Plus it is a time to teach about turn taking, winning, and loosing. Prepare yourself for some “moments” if you have a child who does not like to loose! While we play, we like to snack on popcorn. Recently, we tried Free Day Popcorn and love it! The kids love hearing about where it is from and seeing the pictures. It has been a great way to teach them about where food comes from (because don’t all kids think from Walmart?!).
2) Family Walks- As the weather is getting nicer and it is staying lighter out longer, it is the perfect time to start taking family walks. This combines getting the energy out with some quality time!
3) Camp Out- We started this a couple years ago and it quickly became a family favorite. After dinner, we make beds on the living room floor, and then watch a movie together with popcorn. It is such a fun time and something the kids look forward too! Last time, we made popcorn using the popping ears from Free Day Popcorn and it added an extra element of fun to the night! Check out their Instagram to see pictures of the popping ears- so fun!
4) Get Silly- Once the weather is warm enough, we break out the water balloons and squirt guns and have tons of fun together! Last year we using the Bunch O Balloons to make the water balloons and pretty sure I will never go back. During the winter months, we will do Nerf gun battles which the boys love. Holly has a great idea about surprising your kids with a water balloon fight. I cannot wait to try this with our boys this summer!
6) Dance Party- Post dinnertime is always when energy tends to peak in our kids. Many times, if they are super wound up, we will turn on Youtube Just Dance and let them dance away. It is hilarious watching them mimic the actions of the songs and we love jumping in with them as well.
Aren’t these some fun ideas? Every time I make a list of more ideas, I get even more excited to spend some time as a family. If you are struggling figuring out how to get started with a regular family night, make sure and read more tips on how to have regular family time. Remember, our kids do not need all of the things, the just need time with us.
I’m sure you can tell that we love popcorn! It truly is our snack of choice. My close friends all know that every evening after the kids go to sleep, I make some popcorn using my Whirley Pop. Make sure and head over to Free Day Popcorn to find out more about their amazing products to add to your at home family nights! You can use the code FAMILYFUN for 20% off their online store through April 8!
What at home family night ideas would you add to this list?
Thank you Free Day Popcorn for sponsoring this post.