These are the best sugar cookies! They are simple to make plus absolutely delicious.
Sugar cookies are such a nostalgic thing for me because of my childhood. Growing up, we would always make Christmas cookies every single year. Some years, if things were busy, my mom would use some that were pre-cut. However, most years she broke out the flour and the rolling pin. My siblings and I had so much fun with this tradition!
Another reason why I love sugar cookies is that my Grandma would bring us sugar cookies every holiday. Most of the time she would have them in a container she had re-purposed as she is as frugal as they come. Whenever I think of these times, I have to smile in remembrance.
This is why I break out my rolling pin, cookie cutters, and flour at least once a year. Because I know the power of sugar cookies. They can cultivate beautiful memories.
We recently made these sugar cookies to make pumpkin cookies. It is also my go-to recipe for Christmas cookies. If you are thinking about making your own this year, this is the recipe to try!
How to Make Sugar Cookies
First, gather your ingredients.
4 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup Butter
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Then follow the directions for making them.
- Put the soft butter into a mixing bowl with the sugar, vanilla, and eggs and beat.
- Add in the baking powder and salt, mixing well.
- Slowly add in the flour, stirring until all is combined.
- Move the dough onto a floured surface and form a ball.
- Place back in mixing bowl and let it chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Roll out onto a flat surface. Do not roll too thin.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes
- Let cool and then frost with your favorite frosting!
[mv_create key=”2″ thumbnail=”http://kerilynnsnyder.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Best-Sugar-Cookie-pumpkin-1.png” title=”Best Sugar Cookies” type=”recipe”]
LOVE THIS? PIN THE IMAGE BELOW TO SAVE!
This post is part of the 12 Days of Christmas Family Traditions series.