Declutter your home in 14 days with these simple tasks!
You can declutter your home in 14 days without feeling completely overwhelmed. Decluttering your home can feel extremely overwhelming. It can seem like an ending task which results in your procrastinating.
However, it doesn’t have to be this way. We can take simple, daily steps to declutter. By tackling the main areas of your home, you will feel a sense of accomplishment!
As the seasons are changing, we have the perfect opportunity to declutter. Decluttering your home should be something you do regularly as this will help keep us from becoming completely overwhelmed by clutter.
If you are looking for a more intense room-by-room guide to decluttering, check out the Ultimate Decluttering Guide.
Declutter Your Home in 14 Days
I have put together a checklist to use as you declutter. This will help you to stay focused! It also will help you to know what to do, especially if a specific space is more overwhelming. Plus, marking things off a list always brings about a sense of accomplishment. Download the checklist and then you are ready!
It does not have to take a lot of time to declutter!
If you are feeling overwhelmed with this, set a timer for 15-20 minutes, and get working in one space. You do not have to spend a whole day doing this. Take some of the little parts of your day to work on it.
We are tackling the main problem areas in this mini-challenge. Doing this challenge will help you see quick results.
Day 1- The Pantry
- Take everything out of your pantry or food cabinets.
- Wipe down all of the shelves ( I love to use shelf liners for a quick cleaning).
- Remove what is not needed.
- Keep similar items together.
Check out these tips for the kitchen!
Day 2- Kitchen Counters
- Take a look at your counters and only keep out items you use daily.
- Remove all of the papers.
- Wipe everything down.
Check out these tips for keeping papers organized.
Day 3- The Fridge
- Take everything out of the fridge.
- Wipe down the interior and exterior of the fridge.
- Remove any expired foods.
- Put everything back.
Get the habit of wiping down your fridge before you put new groceries in it! This helps keep things clean!
Day 4- Coat Closet
- Remove everything from the closet.
- Decide what you need to get rid of.
- If you need any items for the upcoming season, make a note in your notes app on your phone.
Check out these tips for the coat closet.
Day 5- Junk Drawer
- Empty out the junk drawer.
- Sort items so they are grouped by type.
- Remove anything that is no longer needed.
Consider using drawer organizers to help keep things organized.
Day 6- Makeup/Toiletries
- Sort through all of your items. Chances are you have some you never use.
- Remove what you no longer use or what is too old.
Day 7- Toy Bin
Decide how much you want to declutter with toys. We like to keep our toys in bins sorted by type, so we can easily remove what is no longer played with.
- Clean out spaces in the home that have toys.
- Donate or sell old toys.
- Go through games and only keep the ones you actually play. Try this game organization hack.
Check out these tips for decluttering toys!
Check out these tips if you have Barbies!
Day 8- Laundry Room
- Remove anything that does not belong.
- Have a basket of lost socks? Consider just letting those go.
- Use baskets to help corral and organize items in a laundry space.
Check out these tips for keeping an organized small laundry room.
Day 9- Shoes
- Gather together all of the shoes.
- Remove what no longer fits or you no longer wear.
- If in good condition, consider reselling, otherwise donate.
Day 10- Master Closet
- Take everything out of your closet.
- Sort items into Keep, Donate, and Trash piles.
- If you haven’t worn something, ask yourself why you are keeping it. You probably do not need it.
- Make a note of items that would be good to add to your wardrobe.
- Donate what is no longer needed or sell to consignment shops.
Check out these tips for organizing your clothes.
Day 11- Jewelry
- Go through all of your jewelry.
- Remove what is no longer needed and donate or sell.
Check out these great tips for jewelry organization.
Day 12- Books/Magazines
- Go through all of your books and magazines.
- Remove what is no longer needed.
- Give yourself grace with this. If you LOVE books, it is okay to have a lot. I love to decorate with books and keep classics around.
Check out these tips for books!
Day 13- Home Decor
- Take a walk through each room and evaluate the decor.
- Sometimes less is more with decor. If you are not loving a specific item, remove it.
Day 14- Linens/Towels
- Take everything out of the linen/towel closet.
- Remove what is too worn.
- Make note if you need to replace some items.
How to Get Started and Declutter Your Home in 14 Days:
- Sign up here to receive daily tips as you go through the 14 days. You will also receive the printable checklist.
- Follow me on Instagram as I am sharing daily tips for this challenge.
- Get accountability. Ask a friend to join you in this challenge for extra motivation!
Share this post with a friend or pin the image below for later!