Try this easy homemade granola for a simple and healthy breakfast!
Lately, I am all about having some homemade granola on hand. With the boys having to be to school by 7:15am, a quick and easy breakfast is where it is at. Since the boys are now a little older, they are able to get their own breakfast, so I like having a few different healthy options. One option we keep on hand is granola.
Homemade granola is a family favorite and so easy to make!
This recipe makes a decent amount, but it is also helpful to double or triple the recipe. Then store it in an airtight container.
Most of the time we have a cinnamon flavored granola, but you can add in whatever else you want!
Granola Add Ins:
- Chocolate Chips
- Flax Seed
- Almonds and other nuts
How to Enjoy Homemade Granola
Eat the granola over yogurt, with milk or by itself. If I am adding in other ingredients, I like to keep my granola in separate containers. This allows one for breakfast and the other container for all of the extra. The granola with ad ins is a great trail mix snack. My kids love to eat the granola as a snack, whether we put it in a bowl or little bag (warning it can be messy!).
Turn it into a gift!
Homemade granola can also be a cute gift for others. This past Christmas, I put granola in mason jars with a little ribbon on top to gift to my friends. It was simple and a fun alternative to all of the sweets. Using a mason jar is also a great way to store the granola!
PIN THE IMAGE BELOW TO SAVE THIS RECIPE!
- 3 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add Ins: Chia Seeds, Flax Seed, Chocolate Chips, Nuts, Etc.
- Pre-heat the oven to 250.
- Heat the honey and butter together in a saucepan until mixed well.
- Mix other ingredients together (leave out any add ins) in a separate bowl.
- Stir in the honey mixture, stir together until the dry ingredients are covered.
- Pour onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 250, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool, then add in any add ins.