Looking for an easy Thanksgiving turkey craft? Your kids will love this simple turkey using construction paper and an empty toilet paper roll!
I love an easy Thanksgiving turkey craft and so do my kids! This particular craft is super simple and is great for Thanksgiving day. It is always helpful to have some activities on hand as you may be in the kitchen a lot of cooking. One thing that I have found to be a big win is to prepare a simple craft for the day.
Thanksgiving Turkey Craft
Get a gallon-sized bag to hold all of your supplies.
This is helpful if you are traveling, heading to your family’s house for dinner. If there are going to be other kids present, put together a few other bags so everyone has one.
Put the following items in the bag.
- White Construction Paper
- Red Construction Paper
- Green Construction Paper
- Yellow Construction Paper
- Orange Construction Paper
- Glue Stick
- Kid-Sized Scissors
- Empty Toilet Paper Roll
Depending on the ages of your children, you may want to either draw feathers on the construction paper for them to cut out or pre-cut them out.
Your craft bag is ready!
Instructions to Put the Turkey Together
(1) Wrap the toilet paper roll in the white paper, securing using glue.
I like to use white paper because the kids are then able to color the toilet paper roll.
(2) Cut out feathers using the other paper. Make sure to use parental supervision with this.
(3) Glue the feathers onto the turkey.
(4) Encourage the kids to make a face for the turkey and to get creative. If you have some extra supplies on hand, bring them! I have found that setting up a station for kids to get creative with can spur on the imagination.
That is all! Super simple and fun!
Note: If you have small kids who are not able to use scissors yet, consider having the feathers pre-cut so they just have to glue them onto the toilet paper roll.
Enjoy this easy Thanksgiving turkey craft!
PIN THE IMAGE BELOW TO SAVE FOR LATER!