This past year I decided to be intentional with setting goals and I have learned so many things through it. Whenever you start something new, it takes repetition and learning how to best tweak things. If you love setting goals, I encourage you to continue with it and if you have never set goals, I encourage you to start! You may be surprised at how helpful it is!
Here are three lessons I learned about setting goals:
Goals need to be measurable. Even last month, some of my goals were not measurable. It is hard to know what you need to work on if you cannot measure it.
Goals need to be covered in grace. The unexpected things happen and we need to have grace with our plans and goals.
Goals are helpful for all people. Whether you are a stay-at-home mom or a working mom, I highly recommend making goals. I think they help give you focus and they have helped me determine what I am going to focus on and what I am not going to focus on.
I am so excited for a new year and the goal setting plans I have! In 2017, I will be using my favorite goal setting tools and Christina and I will continue with the link party! However, there will be a change!!! The link party is going to be moved to the LAST Wednesday of the month! Make sure and join us January 25th! You can link up your goals or any posts on being intentional in your life.
Now onto my goals…
REVIEW NOVEMBER GOALS
Prayer and Reading Time
- Afternoon Phone Free (3pm-5pm)- This was about half and half. I am switching it to Afternoon Work Free time, so that I can just set aside any writing work.
Read a BookI read All the Pretty Things and loved it!
- Exercise- Needed to be measurable!
Plan the week on Sundays– About 90% of the time! Family Night Date Night
- Review my goals
Add one item to my Etsy shop Fill out our Intentional Christmas Activity Cards Read one Fiction Book– I read Secret Daughter and it was pretty good overall
- Read my daily Advent Study (I am doing this one)
- Afternoon Work Free Time (3pm-5pm)
- Read a part of a book
- Read our Intentional Christmas Card with Verse and Encouragement
- Plan the week on Sundays
- Family Night
- Date Night (have one date night out of the house, rest at home)
- Review my goals
- Exercise 3 times a week
- Plan one service activity for our family
- Plan yearly goals
We are all about building a positive community; please remember to read, comment, and share the posts of others- and let them know you found them at With Grace & Grit.
Just a reminder…
- All forms of goal posts are welcome. They can be for a specific area in your life, or your general goals for the day, week, month, or year. We love to hear updates on your progress, too.
- Make sure to use the URL specific to your post and not your blog’s home page.
- Link back to With Grit & Grace with our button or link in your post or party page.
- Comment on the post prior to yours in the link-up. Support others through comments and shares– don’t forget to tell them you found them at With Grit & Grace.
- By linking up, you give us permission to feature an image on our blog and social media. Proper credit and links will be given.
- Join in on social media with: #withgritandgrace
- We want to support you! Please follow your hosts in some way